Saturday, November 15, 2008

Gratitude: Day 15

Right now, today, we are experiencing good health and for that I am immensely grateful.

We have had a few health scares over the last decade: Louis had Cancer - a malignant tumor; I had a heart infection, asthma, pneumonia; Claire has had asthma attacks, rolled ankles and stitches; Cole has broken his ear (yup, snapped the cartilage), his wrist, and cracked his shoulder; Chloe is (of course) perfect in every way and we've had no scares - knocking on wood, hard!; Caden almost drown six years ago and was in a coma for two weeks, months of therapy followed and ever since there have been no big health issues - I suppose he wanted to roll it all into one huge episode.

Writing about health in day 15 of this exercise is in no way indicative of how thankful I am, every day, for the good health we enjoy right now. Our kids are far healthier than their parents and my next upcoming challenge is to remedy my overall health so that I can be around them and participate with them for a long time to come.

1 comment:

thekreativelife said...

I'm SO loving your daily gratitudes! I've got my 365 days of gratitude journal, but it's not nearly as in depth as this!

Here's to good health! May we strive to do some small thing to improve our health each day.

*p.s. You've got an award over at my blog, if you'd like to pick it up. ;)