Thursday, March 5, 2009

An award, an award!


My virtual friend, and Renaissance-soul-mate, Bonnie, from A Life Unrehearsed has bestowed upon me a Kreativ Blogger award! Bonnie is just lovely, be sure to give her a visit. Thank you, Bonnie, so much, I’m thrilled to think that my daily blog has moved you in a positive way.
Affirmation is always welcome!

-------------------

Here are the rules: List 7 things that you love (You can add photos if you want just because they are just fun to look at!) and then pass the award on to 7 people ... tagging them and letting them know they won!


You can copy the picture of the award and put it on your sidebar letting the whole wide world know you are KREATIV!

Seven Things I Love (other than my family, that’s a given, right?) ---

1. Books, books and more books. I enjoy learning about far away places; about interesting people; about different cultures and religions; about how to improve my writing, my photos, myself; diaries of Wimpy Kids and Chronicles of Narnia and trips down rabbit holes. I collect three tangible things: books, scrapbook supplies and white towels.

2. My camera is always with me. I love recording our lives - when we aren’t busy just living them. Not only is it fun to record, it is fun to play with settings, lenses, lighting, all of it. It is my favourite creative outlet.

3. This new journey of getting reacquainted with my creative side. It has been such a wonderful few months – for the first time I’m not directing. I haven’t determined the destination before setting out on the journey. I’m just meandering down different avenues of fun: photos, writing, painting, drawing … I’ll let it lead where it leads.

4. My chiropractor is wonderful. The whole practice is fantastic. Imagine, only two years ago I couldn’t move my right arm above my waist.

5. Fresh flowers – normally in plant form, but I splurged (after reading my friend, Shirley’s blog) and bought myself some tulips. I love flowers and the joy they bring on cold, dreary, winter days.

6. Playing the music really loud and dancing around the house with abandon – and, if you’re looking, I hope you’re dancing too! Oh, and I sing really loud, no doubt off-key with the ear buds in!

7. Long drives – anywhere. I don’t like the frantic hustle and bustle of the airport. I got my fill of that travelling for my job and have no desire to ever be back in an airport. I love the idea that you can turn off any highway anywhere and go on an adventure. It’s a good thing too, because I have ZERO sense of direction. Going anywhere with me can turn into an adventure.

Now I'd like to name the following 7 bloggers to receive the Kreativ Blogger Award and ask them to pass it along and complete the 7 things for them to fill out:

Slightly Off-Center is a blog I've thoroughly enjoyed since my first visit there. I have been so fortunate to get to know Jack through her writing, her imagination and her humour.

Andy over at The Creative Junkie is collecting all the awards I've sent her and they're getting dusty in a back closet somewhere. But she is wonderful and her blog brings a smile every time I read it ... well, almost every time, sometimes I wonder what she's really thinking.

Missing Woman in MommaLand is so raw and heartfelt I am mesmerized by her honesty. She brings me back to those days where the only way I saw myself as Mama. L~ is also very mysterious: as open as she is about her experiences, I have no idea her name - just el squiggle!

Life ... As I See It really inspired me when I was just getting my blog footing. Jill is incredibly talented and accessible. No pretense: just genuine and kind. I've really enjoyed getting to know her and hope to meet her some day!

Heather at {A Life So Simple} is laugh out loud funny. Her telling of Owen's antics are funny - well, in the reading if not in the actual experience.

Monica, over at Without Filters, is remarkably talented. And practical. What a combination! Her Garrett stories are always engaging and honest. We originally "met" at BPS during the Have More Fun course and I've been a huge fan of hers ever since. Oh, and, without her, I wouldn't have found Ordinary Courage as quickly as I did for which I'll be forever grateful.

Recently I have found Pam over at her Everyday Snapshots blog during our LOAD challenge on Flickr. Her photos are fabulous, layouts gorgeous, everything is inspiring. I'm looking forward to getting to know her better.


I will be leaving a comment on each of their blogs, I do hope they'll each leave me a comment if they're able to participate!

Have fun discovering these blogs and the many others out there. So much inspiration for us all to enjoy. What is your favourite blog?

5 comments:

L~ said...

No mystery, really! I'll even disclose my name now...it's Lee-Ann tada!! I started doing that b/c I was being too honest sometimes and was worried about what 'people would think'. *insert my mom's voice here :)* I will gladly accept your award and the challenge along with it! THANK YOU! I am officially out of the closet now. yikes!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lee! Thank you so much! And believe me, you do not want to know what's getting dusty in my closets.

Scary.

And sometimes, I wonder what I'm really thinking too.

Scary.

jillconyers said...

Hi Lee. Thank you for the kind words :)

Jack said...

Congratulations and thanks for the Award Lee and my the kind compliment :)

This is great! 7 more little interesting tidbits about you.

Heather said...

Thank you Lee! That is very kind of you! And I'm so happy you can laugh at/with me! After all, one of my favorite things to do is laugh out loud!