Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wacky Wednesday

I have no photo that would do this afternoon justice.

If Claire (and her friends) do not have a sport competition on Wednesday afternoons they get off of school at 1:30PM. Two and a half hours earlier than usual. While I was wandering around Michael's (yes, ANOTHER project - but it's actually completed already!) I received a text asking if I could pick up one of her friends. Okay. In the end, I picked up five girls.

What a delight!

They quickly forgot I was driving and launched into everything and anything with abandon. It was so much fun to hear them all giggling, shrieking, chatting. They piled out of the truck and into the house. Drinking pop and eating chips and salsa they were having an uproarious time in the basement. They eventually left for a field trip to Butterfly Ice Cream in Bronte. All too soon, mums arrived to collect them all!

I've already been asked, and agreed, to Wednesday afternoons with the girls here at the house. Though, I think I'll have to reconsider the vehicle and use Louis' big Yukon XL! Claire has a lovely group of friends. I really enjoyed hearing them all today. It was a long summer without all that shrieking and giggling, I missed it!

No comments: