Thursday, September 18, 2008

Finally, a Dr. Phil alternative

To my kids she's the mum from the "Cheaper By The Dozen" movies. To me she is a brilliant comedic writer and very smart lady. She has a new talk show and I managed to catch it, on time shift, yesterday afternoon.

Most evenings, I'm making dinner and preparing for our evening between 5 and 6 when "Dr. Phil" is on. I've found that the content of his show is no longer "family friendly" and don't want the kids to catch any of it. The other channels have some pretty blah stuff, and one of them has "One and a Half Men" in syndication - talk about inappropriate - remember, my kids are just 8, 9, 11 and 12.

So, I decided to "time shift". Lo and behold, in Winnipeg, they are showing "The Bonnie Hunt Show" at 5PM my time. YAY. I don't know when it started but I'll definitely tune in when I can. What a great line-up today. Check out her website: The Bonnie Hunt Show. Loved her bit with Bill Nye and with the guys who sailed in a reclaimed plastic bottle boat. A lot of great content but you don't feel rushed or ripped-off. Know what I mean? Looking forward to future shows.

Love it. Which is, of course, the kiss of death. Every show I really enjoy gets canceled!

2 comments:

CloverGirl said...

I LOVE Bonnie Hunt and wish I could see her show. I really need to get a DVR!

Char said...

Hate to break it to you - she is not doing well in ratings. She started last week. I have been taping it because I LOVE Bonnie Hunt. Today I officially removed it from my PVR. Just not as good as I thought it would be. Especially since I think she is wonderful! Hopefully, she can pick it up.