Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My senses come alive at the Cape

No photo! Why? I'm on dial-up and there is no way - ah well - who needs the computer anyway ;) Well, I do now. It's dark. But earlier:

The view of the ocean from the deck is breathtaking. Truly soothing and energising at the same time.

The feel of the breeze is cleansing and invigorating.

The taste is heavy, humid and somewhat salty.

The sounds of the waves lapping at the shore, the seagulls and the leaves singing to the wind.

I breathe deeper. I see more clearly. I feel more fully.

Ah, I love it here.

I cannot wait to share!

8 comments:

Martha said...

It sucks living in a land locked state.
Enjoy your holiday...pictures please (yeah, I can wait until your return)

AmyJoy said...

glad you made it safely :)

Wish I could've joined you. It sounds heavenly!!!

Have fun this weekend!

amy

CloverGirl said...

Oh, Lee. I'm going to live through you and your description of the Cape. K?

Maryalice said...

Oh, Lee, I can't wait. I love Cape Cod soooo much. I think I lived there in another lifetime! I always feel like I'm coming home when I arrive there.

Looking forward to seeing everyone as well(Gosh, that sounds like the people are secondary)LOL!

ScrappinKaren said...

I can't wait too! I spent all my summers as a child down the Cape and agree that it feels like coming home.

I'm sorry I missed your text about being on 495 - I didn't get it until this am.

Sherry said...

Lee. No picture needed for that! Your words painted it perfectly! It is a dream to go there one day!

Violet said...

What a brilliant word picture. I can almost taste the salty air. Hope you're having a blast!

Kaye said...

It sounds like Heaven to me!