Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Blackout


It's amazing the number of things that cannot be accomplished when there is a blackout, as was the case here in Bronte from about 11AM to 5PM yesterday.

The things I had to put off until today:

Grocery Shopping
Laundry
Scrapbooking (basement studio, no lights!)
Weed Wacking
Vacuuming
Blogging
Cooking

The things I did manage to accomplish:

Re-read "The Last Lecture"
Cuddled with Caden on the couch
Met and chatted with Dylan's mum, Laurie
Wrote a few lists in the ever-present journal

All in all, I think I could do with a few more blackouts in my life!

2 comments:

CloverGirl said...

YAY!! I'm so glad you made good use of your blackout.

When our power went out last month, we spent two days outside with our neighbors - cooking out, playing games and swimming. It was GREAT!!

Sherry said...

Wow! Great way to find something positive about a not-so-great moment (or day in this case). I think we could all use a Blackout once in a while. Would be good for us. =]