Thursday, July 31, 2008

Gotta love a deal!


I got a wonderful note from my friend Shannon (thanks!) letting me know that 8x10s were on for $0.49 at SuperStore in BC. I checked their photofinishing website which is Canada-wide and indeed the price was $0.49 per print. Even better, I could show up at my local Fortino's and get the same price.

Why is this such good news? I use a lot of 8x10s in my scrapbook layouts. There was also a deal on 5x7s and while I was there I figured I'd just get my 4x6s as well. There was a woman next to me going crazy with 18 months worth of photos of her twins. She submitted at least double the amount I did!

I have missed scrapbooking.

I have been collecting ideas and supplies.

It's not that I'm caught up or anything, I have plenty of well organized photos already printed and ready to be put in albums; but, the albums I am most dedicated to completing are those of our annual Cape Cod holiday. With that ongoing project, I am up to date through 2007 and was anxious to produce the album celebrating this last trip because it was so different than any of the holidays preceding it.

I was stuck, intimidated by my new mac and afraid I'd mess up something. Silly me. How can you mess up a mac? So, voila, 1014 images burned (love DVDs). While I was at it, I burned an additional 257 images to finally put in frames and who knows, perhaps a photo wall? No, they are not all 8x10s - but 84 are, indeed! As well as a few sheets of wallet size prints just to mix up the layouts a bit and challenge my creativity which has been dormant for way too long.

I am so excited to get started. Right now dinner is in, the kids are getting showered, organized for baseball tonight. THEN I'll have a few hours to sort, organize and plan this album! YAY!

Be prepared. You are about to be inundated with Cape Cod stories!

Any and all validation is welcome. Okay, okay, constructive criticism, too. Just be gentle. My ego is quite tender of late!

5 comments:

CloverGirl said...

Wow - that's a lot of photos!!

Good for you for getting them all printed. I can't wait to see the final results!!!

Brynn said...

Oh Lee, I can't WAIT to see what you come up with!

Ok, I just have to tell you, I am totally CASEing a baseball LO you did. I only need 1 more pic, then I can get started, I can't wait! I'm hoping it turns out even 1/2 as great as yours!

Unknown said...

Heh Lee. So glad that you were able to utilize that deal in Ontario! It's about time some of us Canadians got a sweet deal like that!. Mind you, never in a million years did I anticipate that you were going to order 84 8x10's. Yeesh. Now you've got me thinking, "I should have ordered more!" LOL.

I can't wait to see what you come up with .... are you thinking of utilizing some of the photos for the wall down the hall across from the dining room?

Sherry said...

Sounds like fun, Lee. I really need to get out of the habit of printing everything 4x6. I need to read that book everyone is talking about. I haven't figured out how to stop worrying about chronological and scrap every picture, etc. Can't wait to see what you have in store (for us!).=]

Cyn M said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with Lee! I will be up at Christmas to see your Cape Cod album! Plan on cropping!