Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Prickly




About a month ago we saw this nasty looking weed come up behind our basketball net at the part of our driveway that borders onto the side of the neighbouring house.

What to do, what to do?

We know we can't spray and I couldn't find my gardening gloves and those pricklies looked, well, prickly.

I'm kinda glad we left our ugly thistle to grow. What spectacular colour! On our many gray and overcast days it has added a punch of much needed brilliance.

Just another of nature's lessons: some of the most spectacular creations have prickly exteriors. It's just a matter of perception.

4 comments:

Cyn M said...

"Just another of nature's lessons: some of the most spectacular creations have prickly exteriors. It's just a matter of perception."

I love this!

Sherry said...

Thanks for the reminder and beautiful pictures, Lee. Especially love the one with the little visitor on it.

shirley said...

Pretty flower. I wish I could be so positive with that Japanese beetle (my least favorite bug!)

Lee said...

Shirley I had to get a photo of the bug to be included. It is all part of the story. The beetle is simply representative of the parasites of life.