Thursday, August 7, 2008

Eight Irresistible Principles


Anyone who knows me will agree that I require structure and a certain amount of order amid the chaos I have crafted for myself raising our four kids and living a great big life ... right out loud!

Sometimes I can be spontaneous, unpredictable and zany; sometimes serious, focused, driven and staid. Though, I do know that I tend to be more serious than spontaneous.

All the time I am trying to strike a balance.

Within that balance is my sense of fun. Fun, to me, is a reward for a life well lived, not an entitlement. Each and every day I accomplish balance, I have fun.

Currently I'm taking a course which is a bit over-the-top at Big Picture Scrapbooking. Within it, we have been given tools, links, book recommendations and all manner of ideas and song to encourage us to find the fun within.

From flip flops to bubblegum to kazoos to mismatched socks, it's all about finding (or, re-discovering) our funny bone! I'm learning a lot, meeting some wonderful women, and will no doubt take a lot with me when the course is over. So far, the ONE thing that has struck me is this clip: Eight Irresistible Principles.

Of the eight principles, I am conscious of, and working on, all of them. I do believe I have just conquered number seven! Truly, right outta' da park!

Take a look and let me know what you think!

Oh, and my favourite quote of the presentation: "When all is said and done; more is said than done." Lou Holtz, Sports Coach (I think I have a thing for Lou's and coaches!!)

4 comments:

CloverGirl said...

I agree - you hit a homerun.

But when I see number 6...I also think of you!!! :)

Lee said...

I think you're right, Brandi :) Yay, me!

A Wonderful World said...

Those are great things to keep in mind!

Sherry said...

Yes. I was going to mention that #6 was one that I really need to think about. Kind of like de-cluttering my FB. LOL That was an excellent presentation. I am going to show that DH when he gets home. TFS.