Monday, September 22, 2008

Canvas Photos Have Arrived!

Love the Express Mail labels. Always promises fun things inside!
These babies were packed tight. No damage done. Perfect.

I am not the only photographer in the house.

Every once in a while I discover photos I didn't take when I clear off the card. Imagine my delight when last September (almost exactly one year ago), I discovered these photos!

Claire watched her siblings playing out in our back yard. At the far end there is a huge maple tree resting on the side of the lake. All of our children can often be found standing, sitting, reading, lying, running and playing under that tree. Claire patiently waited and took these photos. They aren't technically perfect but boy, am I ever proud of her!

What better way to show her just how proud than to make them a centerpiece in our home?

It took me a while to figure out exactly what I wanted to do. It had to be something spectacular and simple. Often that combination also means expensive which was not part of my criteria! Somehow I discovered Quality Canvas Photos. Patricia was very helpful when I placed my order last week. It was a quick process, in little over a week my order arrived.

This will be a great surprise for Claire when she comes home tonight after her basketball game. I think they look fabulous!

UPDATE: She was THRILLED with how they turned out. A whole wall dedicated to her work. She has insisted that I take them down so she can sign them. Funny girl!

10 comments:

Brynn said...

WOW Lee, those are fantastic! Absolutely beautiful! You'll have to be sure to let us know what her reaction is. What a neat idea, I've never seen anything like that before.

Unknown said...

My jaw dropped when I saw these. WOW is all I can say.

Cyn M said...

Claire did a great job with taking those pics! Good eye!!!
You will have to tell us what she says when she sees it!!!

Love Cyn

Martha said...

Not only are these beautiful and inspiring photos, but the fact that you weren't the photographer...well, it just really adds to the WOW factor.
Ya done good!

Anonymous said...

Speechless! I am just speechless! Those are stunning!

Sandra Collins said...

those canvas shots are fabulous - she has an amazing eye

agent713 said...

They're stunning!

Char said...

WOW! Great job Claire! She has a good teacher. They are absolutely beautiful.

Noelia said...

Fantastic shots and awesome idea to have them mounted on canvas! So cool! I really like the contrast of the canvas against the colour of your walls.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Ladies :)