Thursday, October 2, 2008

It starts TODAY!








I am so excited to start the Cathy Zielske class TODAY.

Cathy is a gifted and generous teacher. She has a true gift. And a great sense of humour! Read her blog and you'll get an idea of just what she's all about.

I'm told that this is what we will learn in the next 12 weeks:

Week #1: Balance (Symmetry)
Week #2: Balance (Asymmetry)
Week #3: Repetition
Week #4: Repetition
Week #5: White Space
Week #6: Unity
Week #7: Contrast/Emphasis
Week #8: Contrast/Emphasis
Week #9: Elements (size, margins, line)
Week #10: Elements (color)
Week #11: Type
Week #12: Putting it all Together

By the end of the design class I should have a beautifully designed scrapbook AND some new skills to make more meaningful and well crafted pages.

The pre-class assignment was a ton of fun. The finished layout is shown in the many of photos above. I cannot wait to get the next project.

I hope to see many of you in class!

7 comments:

Noelia said...

I wished I could've register for this class too, it seems like so much fun! I love the cover you made for your album. Can't wait to see your other projects.

Sherry said...

That page looks amazing Lee! Absoluetly love it.

Jayne said...

Beautiful page Lee!

Lily said...

love the look of this. Enjoy the class! looking forward to reading your updates

muirwoodsue said...

I signed up too but haven't started anything! ACK!
Your layout is BEAUTIFUL. We are gonna have so much fun Lee!
Sue

shirley said...

I love the page. All of it. WOW.

MAM said...

Lee this is just gorgeous. I need to get to the gallery but just got back online last night :)