Friday, November 7, 2008

Does she look like a Prince to you?


A couple of weeks ago, Chloé told me she wanted to try out for a part in the school play. Something about penguins. (Save me from the flipping penguins already!) She really enjoys singing and performing so I figured it was a natural for her. Sure, honey, go ahead. Just tell me what you need me to do to help.

She was trying out for the part of "Prince Peter". Okay. Sounds good. What she neglected to tell me is that "Prince Peter" was the lead role in the play.

Guess what? She got it! I am so incredibly proud of her.

Chloé is a funny kid. She keeps me in the process, but only on the very outskirts. Where her sibs include me in the beginning, middle and end, Chloé keeps me in the beginning and end. It's always been that way. I'm not one for surprises, but this one feels the need to keep me guessing.

Part of her charm.

2 comments:

Char said...

YAY to Chloe!! I am so proud of her too! I would love to see the production when it is ready to be showcased (not sure if they allow outsiders in) if the date works! Let me know! YAY Chloe!!

Brynn said...

Congrats Chloe!!! She sounds like a wonderful little girl, she knows what she wants & obviously has what it takes to attain her goals, good for her & good for you for giving her the tools needed.