Monday, March 2, 2009

I feel safe, warm and accepted as I am


I am forever indebted to my friend Monica for sending me over to Ordinary Courage. The title of her blog is ironic because Brené Brown is anything but ordinary. When I go to her blog I am immediately put at ease. I feel as though I am in the company of a kindred spirit: I feel safe, warm and accepted as I am.

Dr. Brown, with far more letters after her name than I will ever have after mine, explains exactly what I feel. With far more authority and painful experience than I've had to endure: and that is substantial by any measure. I have been visiting for quite some time now and through pure instinct and experience realize that she is completely right in theory and practice.

Once this post has long gone into the archives, I have added the available "badges" to my sidebar. A constant reminder that I have chosen authenticity. I have chosen courage. I have chosen honesty. I will accept and embrace who I am.


Join me? Will you invite gratitude, grace and joy into your life?

I'm headed back over to Ordinary Courage to read again what I might have missed the first few times through ...

3 comments:

Sherri said...

Oh I just love her blog and want to read her books. She says it so very well.

MAM said...

You know I'm in :) Isn't she just fantastic!

L~ said...

I have the Authenticity definition as my desk top. It's just taking too long to sink into my thick head...