Sunday, March 29, 2009

What was your favourite book?


Growing up, "Where the Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak was my favourite book. Not a big book, but I could get lost in it for hours. (This favourite was closely followed by "Harold and the Purple Crayon" by Crockett Johnson and "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle.) I'm happy to say that it is a favourite in our house with my own children.

Caden was all excited when he ran up to me and managed to sputter out that there's an upcoming Where the Wild Things Are movie. I don't know if I want to go and change my memories of the book, but who knows, it may just enhance the experience. And plus, my boy wants to go and who am I to ruin his fun? The scheduled release date is October 16th, so I may be over my aprehension by then.

Enjoy:

2 comments:

Sandra Collins said...

Left you a tag on my blog - looks like a cute movie - my daughter watched the clip with me and can't wait to read the book now.

ArlaMo said...

Three of our most favorite books! We are especially fond of Max, having one of our very own, although Mason is a bit more wild thing-ish.