Monday, July 6, 2009

For Today ...

(inspired by the Simple Woman's Daybook)

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ... a spider is diligently creating her web (don't tell Claire, she'll totally freak!)
I AM THINKING ... there has to be a way to get Cole to put on some bulk, he's eating more but not gaining anything.
WE ARE LEARNING … that if you don't do your chores you don't get a reward, I'm hoping by week 9 of summer break this will be a clear lesson in consequences, or just simple deprivation
I AM THANKFUL FOR ... the first sip of coffee in the morning
FROM THE KITCHEN ... fresh guacamole will be made today
I AM WEARING ... a white t-shirt, black crop pants, black flip flops (seems to be my summer uniform!)
I AM GOING ... to play some tennis, love tennis, miss tennis
I AM READING ... How to Be an Explorer of the World by Keri Smith which is not so much "reading" as "doing" - with the kids, of course!
I AM CREATING ... a family where not everyone agrees all the time; but, they support and love each other with loyalty every mother dreams about. Lets hope it never changes.
I AM HOPING ... for some nice weather so I can enjoy some time on the back deck
I AM HEARING ... nothing, the silence of a house engaged in slumber
AROUND THE HOUSE ... the kids are getting ready for the first of two weeks of canoe camp for Claire and Cole; the final week of theatre camp for Chloe and Caden is finishing up exploring sports camp
ONE OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS ... is my new camera!
A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK/SUMMER ... a bit of this, a bit of that, a lot of laughter, many wet towels and much meat on the grill!
A PICTURE TO SHARE ...
The one garden tool we haven't had to use much this summer! Wonder why it was left out? So do I. Ah, another lesson in consequences ...

1 comment:

Jack said...

I love Keri Smith - I just started to "Wreck this Journal" a few weeks ago and it is so much fun.

How did the guacamole turn out? Nothing more satisfying then a good guac :)

Loved your photo of the hose!