Monday, July 13, 2009

For Today ...

(inspired by the Simple Woman's Daybook)

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ... we seem to be amassing a huge collection of road hockey sticks - or are they swords? No doubt they are used in many ways!
I AM THINKING ... there are too many fun projects I want to do and no way I can get them all done. Thinking about embracing Mozart: The shorter way to do many things is to do only one thing at a time. Maybe I should just sit down and prioritize my creative endeavours. It seems contradictory to being creative, but I'm thinking it's the only way things are going to get started and, more importantly, finished.
WE ARE LEARNING … that a simple "please" and "thank you" can get you far
I AM THANKFUL FOR ... cool breezes and sun filled mornings
FROM THE KITCHEN ... lots of local fruits being cut up and eaten all day long
I AM WEARING ... a white t-shirt, black crop pants, black flip flops (my summer uniform!)
I AM GOING ... to enjoy the satisfaction of empty laundry baskets today!
I AM READING ... The Widow Clicquot was given to me by my Dad at Christmas and I haven't gotten around to reading it until now. Fascinating! Reality is so much more interesting than fiction.
I AM CREATING ... a clean and organized house
I AM HOPING ... my clean and organized house will last - a week, at least, please?
I AM HEARING ... the kids playing outside
AROUND THE HOUSE ... we're gearing up for a week out of the house at the local pool with Chloe and Caden as Claire and Cole are back at outrigger canoe camp
ONE OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS ... includes the lessons of Brené Brown on my iPod which I'll enjoy listening to (again) while at the pool
A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK/SUMMER ... a bit of this, a bit of that, a lot of laughter, many wet towels and much meat on the grill!
A PICTURE TO SHARE ...

1 comment:

Jack said...

I haven't had an empty laundry basket in weeks... good for you!