Monday, July 27, 2009

For Today ...

(inspired by the Simple Woman's Daybook)

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ... looking at the water grabs hold of my imagination
I AM THINKING ... summer has been going by far too quickly
WE ARE LEARNING … that if we don't get majority agreement where we want to go, we won't, and that's okay with me
I AM THANKFUL FOR ... the concept of patience, trying to master it, think I'm failing - well, some of the time anyway
FROM THE KITCHEN ... nothing beats fresh salsa
I AM WEARING ... a white t-shirt, black crop pants, black flip flops (seems to be my summer uniform!)
I AM GOING ... to play some more tennis, I can even serve again!
I AM READING ... Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert - I'm a bit late on the bandwagon, but that seems to be the way of it, lately
I AM CREATING ... a ton of stuff: some really neat ideas are starting to come together, can't wait to act on them and share the final result - or even the works in progress
I AM HOPING ... to enjoy the evening with a glass of wine on the back deck, watching the water
I AM HEARING ... the 'tap tap' of Claire securing a jigsaw puzzle piece
AROUND THE HOUSE ... it's the start of another lazy week with no place to go and nothing to do - this is, of course great if you're an adult. I'm outnumbered!
ONE OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS ... organizing my external hard drive and enjoying all of the old photos!
A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK/SUMMER ... a bit of this, a bit of that, a lot of laughter, many wet towels and much meat on the grill!
A PICTURE TO SHARE ...
These striking lillies always remind me of summers in Southern Ontario. I don't know that I've ever seen them in such abundance anywhere else. They are prolific here. The first time I ever saw one was in my Aunt Marion's back garden when I was five years old. That was a very long time ago, indeed!

2 comments:

Jayne said...

I agree summer is going by to quickly - glad to see you are making the most of it! :)

jillconyers said...

FUn read Lee. Yes, summer is going by way too quickly. I enjoyed Eat Pray Love. Organizing photos...a fav of mine too. It's taking me all summer a little bit at a time. So worth the time!