Monday, September 28, 2009

For Today ...

(inspired by the Simple Woman's Daybook)

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ... drip, drip, drip, it's been rainy and misty all night
I AM THINKING ... my head is clearer than it's been since my allergies hit, I love rain
WE ARE LEARNING … to anticipate our activities and prepare better, time seems to slip away
I AM THANKFUL FOR ... creative challenges that I discover every day
FROM THE KITCHEN ... after watching Dr. Oz last week there have been plenty of changes
I AM WEARING ... sweat pants and a t-shirt (hoping no one drops by)
I AM GOING ... to finish up my blogging and head to the basement: laundry and studio for the rest of the day
I AM READING ... the New Yorker on line, great stuff!
I AM CREATING ... a neat new photography project I hope to share soon
I AM HOPING ... to get some walking in today if the weather clears up, otherwise it's stairs - ugh
I AM HEARING ... some music in the distance, I think Chloe has it on in her room
AROUND THE HOUSE ... there are never ending projects big and small
ONE OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS ... on-line window shopping
A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK ... We are going to enjoy a very rare evening of nothing tonight. Tuesday brings choir for Chloe, a hockey game for Cole (he still can't play as he's still suspended) and a hockey board meeting for Louis; Wednesday has Cole at another Cross Country meet in Toronto, Caden has his first powerskating class and Cole ends his day at dry land training; the first day of October, Thursday, is so far, nice and slow with only Cole going to hockey practice from 7:30PM to 8:30PM only to be back at the rink first thing Friday morning for a 6AM practice. I dreaded doing this but I just checked my blackberry and confirmed that Saturday is INSANE: 6AM hockey practice for Caden, I'm with Chloe at an all-day choir retreat, Caden is going bowling with his hockey team and Claire has a basketball game in Hamilton. We'll end our day attending a hockey game and watch Cole play in his first official game of this season. Go Rangers! Sunday brings the start of the houseleague season with Louis convening every week from 6:30AM to 11:30AM and Caden will be playing his first game at 7AM. No doubt Cole has another practice on Sunday at some point. My third week of my guest designer term starts at Feeling Scrappy - such great projects and ideas! Love being busy :)
A PICTURE TO SHARE ...

Claire warming up for her basketball game during Homecoming on Saturday. Her team was crushed by some ridiculous score 4? - 2?, but she made a great effort and the girls are just starting to learn how to play with each other. Claire is very intense on the court!

2 comments:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

I love this and so need to do this on my blog! I can't wait to see what you are creating as you always come up with some nifty projects!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that it really helps me to know that there are other people out there that are just as busy as I am!!