Monday, November 9, 2009

My Best Shot Monday: 09-11-09

We had a spectacular weekend here in Southern Ontario. The temperatures were around 15*C and the days were sunny and bright. An incredible display of autumn splendour ... hopefully the memories of this weekend can stay with us during the sure-to-be-chilly weather that is on it's way!

Through 2009 we put up with a number of months of construction on the busy road by our house. It is a busy, particularly during rush hour, and you have to cross it in order to get to the spacious park and gorgeous gardens. The finishing touches have been completed so I headed over with the kids yesterday to take a few photos.

These are (some of) the shots I got:



 
 
 
 
 
 


Not only was it lovely here at home, the news from Lake Placid was thrilling. Cole and his team went to the Can Am Challenge Cup and competed in the PeeWee division (players born in 1997 for the uninitiated!). They played a total of five games and outscored the competition 26-1 to earn a spot in the Gold Medal Finals.

Which they won 4-2!

This came in early Sunday afternoon. Louis has learned how to use the camera on his Blackberry ... which is crappy quality, but wow, so happy to have it!  Cole is holding the plaque - click on the photo and squint, it may focus better :) So proud of the boys. It's so hard to stay focused and strong when you're winning by such a huge margin every game.

So, though I took plenty of lovely photos, this fuzzy one sent by way of my husband's Blackberry is by far the one that means the most to me. It is my best shot, this Monday.

6 comments:

Nadine said...

the photos are amazing! I love looking
at fall/autumn photos because I've
never experienced fall ):

Jayne said...

BEautiful shots but I can certainly see why the fuzzy one is the best!! Whoot!!!

sharyncarlson said...

Gorgeous photos - what a lovely park to explore and play in!

thekreativelife said...

AWESOME photos! You must be so very proud of Cole and his team! What an amazing accomplishment!

Becky said...

I love all the photos, but I agree that the team photo is the best and most meaningful.

I did something very similar with my best shot post today! ;-)

jillconyers said...

Congrats to Cole and I love the swing set shot!