Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tomato Plants





I was so afraid when we returned home from Cape Cod that the tomato plants wouldn't survive. No water, little sunshine and no care for little over two weeks. The beautiful yellow flowers kept me thinking that there might be hope. This year, finally, my thumb (or Louis and my combined thumbs!) may have been green enough to bear fruit!

Holy cow!

I went out this morning and there is fruit! Real tomatoes, growing in our pots, on the vines. Not yellow or red yet, but they are definitely there. I am so excited! I don't know if I can bring myself to pick them when it comes to salad time ... but I'll do my best.

Maybe I can even get Louis to make a pasta sauce from our own tomatoes. Wouldn't that be awesome. He makes the BEST sauce! Look out Pioneer Woman (not!).

No comments: