Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My newest "find"


Let me introduce my newest discovery: Scrapbook Trends Magazine.

They might be small but boy are they ever packed with usable ideas, great articles, fantastic talented layouts and useful how-to-use product examples. For the last month I've been reading a bunch of threads on 2Peas regarding disappointment in current magazines and for the first time the name "Scrapbook Trends" registered as a publication.

As is my tendency, on recommendations from trusted sources, I jump in, feet first! So, I got not just the October issue, but all of the available back issues and some 'special' publications as well.

WOW!

They arrived in the mail around 10AM yesterday, and now, just about a day later, after a quick scan of each little book, I can say I'm THRILLED with my investment.

Right now we are enjoying pouring rain, plenty of thunder and lightening and the satellite just went out. The house is completely cleaned-up after our party on Sunday. I know what I'm doing today: devouring each page, lingering over ideas and hey, if I am so inspired, maybe make a layout or two!

6 comments:

Danielle said...

I just bought the October issue on Saturday, and I feel the same way you do. I am really liking this publication. I may have to go and buy the back issues.

Sherry said...

mmmmm...sounds like a perfect day!

Lily said...

they are very coo!

shirley said...

The mags look nice, but I can't find them locally or at the library....
I generally like to try before I buy if YKWIM.

Lee said...

Hey Shirley, they ARE hard to find! Send me an e-mail: leecurrie at cogeco dot ca with your address and I'll send you a copy when I'm finished reading (just promise to send it back to add to my ever-growing pile!). They are very expensive, but I got more inspiration in the first six pages than I have in the last six issues of the 'regular' publications.

shirley said...

Oh Lee, you are SO nice!! Check your email for my address.....