Friday, November 21, 2008

Gratitude: Day 21

I am grateful for the ability to find joy in just about every situation.

My personality is not over-the-top optimistic, nor am I a tremendous pessimist. I believe I am somewhere in the middle. Though, most days my glass is most decidedly half full, there are some days, fortunately few, when I can hear that nasty slurping at the bottom where all of my reserves have been sucked away.

I am able to look at some pretty bad personal situations and turn the lemons into lemonade:

Lemon: Louis had cancer; Lemonade: in our mid-30s we had serious conversations about our beliefs; where we are to be buried; wills were updated. Though malignant the tumor was removed completely and we've enjoyed two more children since
Lemon: Caden almost drown and he spent close to 2 weeks in a coma during SARS; Lemonade: Caden ALMOST drown
Lemon: the idiot boss who demanded favours or I would be punished and sent to work in the warehouse; Lemonade: I learned how to drive a forklift
(Yes, someday it will make one hell of a book ... all of it.)

Sometimes I feel pelted with those lemons, but in the end, it's all good. I know that even the most horrendous situation has some form of good in it. There is always a lesson. There is always joy.

I look for and find joy.

3 comments:

Martha said...

It is one thing to talk the talk...and another to walk the walk! You are most certainely doing both!

*and when that book is published, I'm flying out to be there at the book signing, ok? :)

Lee said...

You are one of the first on the invitation list, that's for sure :)

Sandra Collins said...

fantastic post - I need to stop more often and thing of the lemonaid