Monday, November 24, 2008

Gratitude: Day 24

I am grateful for my local Fortino's. Not one but TWO are located a quick drive from the house. They are a wonderful grocery chain offering incredible fresh produce, meat, deli and bakery. We can get the usual groceries and a great selection of President's Choice product. It's the place I get my fresh flowers and where I get my photos developed. The shelves are stocked, the fruits and vegetables are inviting and they the stores are clean!

I am grateful to get so much wonderful goodness in one place.

I 'borrowed' the photo above from the Fortino's Website and the recipe below comes from the same site. It is DELICIOUS and a nice use of leftover turkey, should you have any ;)

Gourmet Turkey Melt

Ingredients

2 to 3 avocados
75 ml (5 tbsp) cooking cream 15% m.f.
8 sprigs chives, chopped
2 small shallots, chopped
½ lime juice
400 g (¾ lb) cooked turkey, cut into thins strips
1 jar roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
4 bocconcini cheese balls, sliced
8 slices multigrain bread
125 g (1 bag) Swiss cheese (such as Cogruet), grated

Directions

  1. Peel and remove flesh from avocados. Add to food processor container with cream, chives, shallots and lime juice. Blend until a smooth fluffy mixture is obtained. Season to taste and set aside in the refrigerator.
  2. Spread creamy avocado mixture over four slices of bread. Add a layer of turkey, red peppers and bocconcini. Top with remaining four slices of bread to make a sandwich.
  3. Arrange sandwiches on a baking sheet and sprinkle top with Swiss cheese. Bake in an oven preheated to 350°F for about 5 minutes or until cheese is gold

1 comment:

Noelia said...

Love Fortinos too but I don't have one too close by. The sandwich looks divine!