Monday, December 22, 2008

I survived a day at the mall

On the best of days, I really dislike shopping. I especially dislike shopping at the mall. I'd far rather the click-click-click of shopping on the computer.

For some reason, I got it into my head that it would be fun to take the kids to the mall to shop for gifts for each other this Christmas. I'm feeling a tad bit guilty over taking away the stockings so this was my way of "making amends", I suppose.

I'm here to say that not only did I survive, but it was pretty fun and relaxing.

We arrived at a little after 10AM to a virtually empty mall and oodles of parking. The food court was "command central" and I found a perfect seat to watch people and read my book. The kids left in teams: first Caden with Cole and Chloe with Claire. Then lunch break. Followed by the second set of teams: Chloe with Cole and Caden with Claire. We were all done and ready to leave by 1PM.

Wow.

That wasn't bad at all. I'm thinking I can manage that again. Maybe even more than just at Christmas! But please don't tell the kids. I'd rather shock them with a "yes" the next time they ask!

Tonight we'll be wrapping, in the kitchen, again in shifts. Each kid bringing in their new found treasures. It's so much fun to see them all so excited.

Ho ho ho

1 comment:

jillconyers said...

Sounds like a great day! I happen to love the mall (any time of year). Even when all of my Christmas shopping is done I go just for the crowds, decorations, music...