Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Relieved? Wistful? Thankful?

(Written January 6th - not posted because I couldn't find a photo!! I still can't, so, here you go.)

As of 8:40 this morning, ALL of my children are back in school after our Winter Break (because no one *gasp* calls it Christmas anymore!). No more hockey tournaments, no more pining away for significant others out of town for the last couple of weeks, no more decorations, no more late nights, no more shopping, no more sleeping until past-noon, no more arguing about three meals a day. I'm relieved to argue about only two - it was lunch that was killing me!

My kids are great adults-to-be and they do, for the most part, get along really well with each other. They're also respectful and kind to both me and their dad.

But ...

There is a definite energy shift. The dynamic is changing. I believe it is the introduction of hormones - or, at least, the equalization of hormones. It used to be 1/4 of the energy. Now, Cole has brought it right up to 1/2. Chloe is following closely behind.

Cross your fingers. Send strength vibes. Laugh with abandon. Anything! People. I'm about to be swallowed up into full-blown ...

adolescence!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I have no words of wisdom for you. But I think adolescence is a lot like toddlerhood. So maybe you just need to revert with them! And keep a sense of humor and remember "this too shall pass".

Jayne said...

Oh my heck - I hear you girl! I have a 13, 11 and 10 year old in the house and hormones are buzzing around like flies on crap here!