Saturday, March 7, 2009

Props to Swirly Girl

Swirly Girl Mosaic found on Flickr

Over the last few months I have become a huge fan of Swirly Girl aka Christine Mason Miller. I recently ordered, inhaled and thoroughly enjoyed Ordinary Sparkling Moments, her self-published book aptly subtitled: Reflections on success and contentment.

She is accessible, genuine and thoughtful. She's had her fair share of kicks in the pants and has pulled herself up, dusted herself off and is around to tell the tale, or not really, but what she does is offer her perspective as a result of the tale. She's the kind of woman I greatly admire: strong and kind; generous and thoughtful; opinionated and curious.

Today, I was reminded again that she has published an essay on Skirt.com which you can find: here. Do you have those moments? When your reaction is the complete opposite of your circumstance? Those perfect moments suspended in time?

Her writing is so engaging. She brings you right in with her words. Always, at the end you are faced with oodles of thought provoking questions.

Wow. Someone on my list of those to meet ... someday.

2 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

I am so with u.. been a fan of hers for years! We shud plan a gf getaway... road trip!

Jack said...

I love her altered art -- such an inspirational artist!