Monday, April 13, 2009

Bye Bye, Corner Gas


Generally speaking, I am not a fan of sitcoms. And, they overstay. Almost always. Until tonight.

Corner Gas airs it's final episode - #107 - tonight. Six seasons. Perfect. It is still funny and still welcome.

It was a lovely little nugget of a show. The little show that could. A funny, yes odd, comedy with a very talented cast and a regular rotation of guests including Prime Ministers, musicians and actors.

I did not catch it often but when I did, I really enjoyed it. I can't say I'm looking forward to the last episode, but I can really appreciate a very well done piece of work and the foresight to leave when you're on top. Very hard to do and I very much admire Brent Butt for his decision.

If you get a chance tune in - or as the commercial says "get your last fill-up" - it airs tonight on CTV at 9:30/8:30 central.

3 comments:

Martha said...

WHAT? You've got a cool show and our folks over at HBO/Showtime haven't swiped the concept yet? How can that be? It must ben an oversight....(giggle giggle).

Sounds like a fun show...

Sherry said...

Oh, my word! I saw that show while I was visiting my grandmother and totally loved the humor. I have not seen another episode since then! I will have to look for it! =]

Jack said...

I love Corner Gas... going to miss it :(