Sunday, April 12, 2009

12 of 12 April

It is amazing how quickly time goes by, it seems like yesterday I was writing up the March 12 of 12. The weather hasn't indicated much change in time at all. Then again, we've managed to cram in a whole ton of stuff in the last month. It's a nice break to slow down and take some time to document the happenings of one full day.

The kids woke to goodies delivered from the Easter Bunny. Since ChloƩ's photo was not taken today (she had made herself very scarce) I thought it best to post her "basket". Since we weren't actually able to locate our beautiful metal bejeweled baskets, we settled for their boxes from the stairs. Claire is very resourceful.

I went out to check the condition of my new Lenten Rose purchased yesterday. I had forgotten to water it in our haste to leave for the party yesterday and was just happy to hit the hay when we returned at 1:30AM :)

Is there anything better for breakfast, or any time, than bacon?

My dreamer. Cole, clearly unafraid of laying down in the back yard (no nasty beasts, just the stuff the geese leave behind). Not the best picture, but you get the idea. I'm still fiddling with my 50mm/1.4 lens!

I started preparing for the latest Big Picture Scrapbooking class for which I have signed up: Everyone Can Write A Little taught by the incredibly talented Cathy Zielske. Are you on Twitter?

Command central: Claire is all hooked up with laptop, iPod, telephone ... nice life for my social butterfly.

It turns out that hockey tape is not just for hockey sicks. Here, Cole's new lacrosse stick gets the tape treatment. Looks like I'll be finding wads of it all summer long, too!

We spent the afternoon into the evening watching the Master's Golf Tournament from Augusta, Georgia. Congratulations on a spectacular playoff win, Angel Cabrera of Argentina. Spring has officially arrived.

Just one of many freighters floating by during the day. Really makes the imagination take off wondering: what freight they have, where they're going, where they're coming from, how many people are on board, what nationality are they, how long will the be at sea ... endless questions!

Usually you just hear the door slam. Caden disappears in and out of this house like a phantom. Except for the slam. I managed to catch him heading out this afternoon.

Claire learned how to make cole slaw as part of our spiral ham and potato holiday meal. I also shared with her my no-fail ingredient: Old Fashioned Dijon Mustard (the one with the seeds), makes everything taste better!

If you've been following along on the blog you will know that Louis, Chloe and I had caught a terrible bug, which will run it's course through the family. The bug has found it's next victim: our own bug. Poor thing. Not chipper at all. Eek, another victim. Cole is praying to the porcelain god as I end this, the last caption of the last photo.

As a result, we're calling it an early night!

(Join the fun next month, check out Susan's 12 of 12 blog: here)

5 comments:

Creative Junkie said...

I'm so sorry you guys have been dealing with the sickies ...

We had bacon yesterday for breakfast as well! And now I can't get the smell out of my kitchen and it's making me nauseas (sp??)

I'd be really interested to know how Cathy's class goes ... it's a fantastic concept. I love pretty much everything she does.

shirley said...

Oh, I feel for all of you getting sick this time of year.

Great pictures and keep up the shooting with that 50mm lens!

Sherry said...

Love the Lenten Rose. Such a bold, yet...I don't know, delicate color. Just beautiful.
Wonderful pictures,Lee. =] Hope everyone is feeling 100% real soon.

Jayne said...

Love this - such a great way to document a day in time!

L~ said...

12 for 12, I think I'll check this out! I still can't get over your view...live where other's would vacation! That's the way to go! Feeling better yet?