Saturday, April 18, 2009

How was your day?

Mine was lovely.

Among a bunch of other things: cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping and fixing the internet (!!), I went to ScrapFest in Kitchener with the brilliant and talented Holly (left) and we met up with a few ladies, one of whom is in the photo, the immensely talented Ann (middle).

(Disclaimer: I am not small. But, these ladies are teeny-tiny. Neither are as big as my Cole! So for those who haven't seen me in a while, no, I have not consumed a whale, my truly talented friends are just mini :) and I will remember this for the next photo!)

Years back, I met Holly, with whom I was a Creative Memories consultant. It was a brief association as Holly moved way beyond what CM had to offer very quickly. We have since re-met and maintain a casual and friendly relationship - plus her husband is the Phantom Screen man, and I have to give him a call, soon! Holly today is where I was a couple of years ago, when she first met me, overwhelmed with job, small children, passionate hobby, so I was thrilled to suggest that Claire (and crew) would take care of her kids so that we could both enjoy ScrapFest. Even better? She took me up on the offer and off we went.

What a great day. I feel like I really engaged. We met up with the lovely Jennifer and some of her friends, and Ann (pictured above), many retailers and customers. The people watching was a lot of fun. Oh, and the shopping was even more enjoyable! The best part was watching Holly and Ann being greeted by everyone. Everyone! I felt like their own personal entourage. What a hoot!

Thanks ladies.

As my daughter says: good times, good times.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. I'm envious.

Stacey said...

Glad you had a great day! Your outfit by the way is ADORABLE!!

L~ said...

out in the real world doing something you love - who could ask for more?

shirley said...

I love your outfit, too! Sounds like a great time!

Jayne said...

I posted on your other blog about it sounding like a fantastic day but I wanted to say here how adorable you look! You can see the joy of life on your face. LOVE that picture of you!