Monday, May 11, 2009

Lunch with the Ladies

We don't do it often enough, but I so look forward to my occasional lunches with Lorraine, Elaine and Lindy. It is so fun to catch up, laugh and enjoy each other's stories. Today, I wanted to celebrate our friendship by giving them something to wish them a Happy Mother's Day as they each inspire me as a mum, friend and woman every single day, even if I don't see them as often as I'd like.

A few weeks ago, I ordered these gorgeous bracelets inspired by the brilliant Brené Browne and her blog: Ordinary Courage.


They say on the outside: I live and love with my whole heart; and, on the inside: I choose authenticity with their names engraved. It is only a small, but honest, token of my great admiration for these core women. I am blessed, truly fortunate, to have them in my life.

As I get older I am learning that you should speak up. Not just about the negative stuff in your life, but tell those around you, those you love, how much you appreciate them. Sure you can acknowledge and deal with the negative, but celebrate and dedicate time to the more worthy positive people who make your life full and authentic.

Don't you just love Lorraine opening her box? Why this photo? Well, cuz she'd shoot me if I published the photo of her reaction :)


Do you want your own bracelet? You can get one from Allison at: Uniq'leigh Allison.

A quick note, there have been some internet purchase issues from the Western U.S. and Scotiabank put a hold on my purchase to confirm that it was not counterfeit. They only forgot the confirm part. After a few frustrating days for both Allison and I, the order went through! So, call your credit card company and authorize your purchase to avoid any unnecessary delays and frustration.

4 comments:

Char said...

That is so sweet! I love the statement. I will definately check it out!

Lorraine said...

It was a lovely surprise! We have to have longer for lunch ... 3 hours is just too short for all the laughter and stories!! Lorraine

Jack said...

That is such a thoughtful gift for your lovely group of gal pals Lee... they are very fortunate to have such a caring friend :)

Now off to check out the link. I'm thinking this would be a great gift for my sisterhood. Thanks for sharing!

Jayne said...

Glad you had such a wonderful time! :) Beautiful braclets and so thoughful of you!