Sunday, June 7, 2009

Slow Sunday

Caden in the morning.

The boys and I are just settling in to watching the French Open. We are torn between rooting for Roger Federer and the "newcomer" Robin Soderling. (I am a tennis-junkie from way back and really miss the sport. Maybe it's time to dust off the racket and play with the kids?)

The funny thing watching over-commentated sporting events is the number of questions that arise. Like the one Caden asked: how long does it take to be a newcomer? Or the natural inclination of my children (and, shhh, me too) to root for the underdog. Though, given Federer's season, perhaps there is an argument for him being the underdog!

I love watching events I enjoy with my kids. They always offer a different and refreshing perspective.

1 comment:

Jayne said...

Ahhhh - sounds like a great day!