Monday, July 20, 2009

For Today ...

(inspired by the Simple Woman's Daybook)

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ... is evidence of a too wet summer and not enough sunshine - the blooms are very small on the hydrangea.
I AM THINKING ... it would be great if outrigger canoe camp continued all the way through summer - both Claire and Cole had such a wonderful two weeks, whatever will they do with their time now that camp is over?
WE ARE LEARNING … that reading is good and we're plowing through our summer reading lists
I AM THANKFUL FOR ... silent moments, too few and far between
FROM THE KITCHEN ... the two littlest members are learning how to use the gas stove safely
I AM WEARING ... a white t-shirt, black crop pants, black flip flops (my summer uniform!)
I AM GOING ... to be more consistent with my daily walks - and push myself to go farther each day
I AM READING ... The Real Simple Magazine book on Household Solutions. It is filled with tons of basics and great photos. Perfect for the kids!
I AM CREATING ... a couple of mini books - purchased a month ago
I AM HOPING ... I'm striking the right balance between strict and permissive for my very challenging teenage children
I AM HEARING ... the kids singing "I'm On a Boat" and fingers crossed it is not the explicit version (though, I'm afraid there is no clean version ... ugh!)
AROUND THE HOUSE ... we're slowly getting each room organized: lots of cleaning and purging
ONE OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS ... sleeping with the fan on and a light blanket
A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK/SUMMER ... a bit of this, a bit of that, a lot of laughter, many wet towels and much meat on the grill!
A PICTURE TO SHARE ...
This is just a small selection of Cole's "Lord of the Rings" figurine collection. He's been really good about purging his books, sports equipment and clothes. The figurines will never leave.

2 comments:

jillconyers said...

Great "For Today". Enjoy the inspiration of Simple Woman's Handbook.

jillconyers said...

Ooops...I meant Daybook. Where did I get handbook LOL