Monday, August 31, 2009

For Today ...

(inspired by the Simple Woman's Daybook)

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ... I'm realizing we should really do something with our front driveway
I AM THINKING ... it's too bad Claire had the tournament of her life and she's decided to quit playing baseball
WE ARE LEARNING … that you cannot compromise your principles for others and it's sad to watch when it happens, even moreso when your kids notice and comment on it
I AM THANKFUL FOR ... my children who are kind, empathetic and sensitive to the behaviour of those around them and react according to the signals provided
FROM THE KITCHEN ... things are changing, the lists are smaller but the quantities are bigger ... boy can my children eat!
I AM WEARING ... a white t-shirt, black crop pants, black flip flops (seems to be my summer uniform!)
I AM GOING ... to pick up Claire from her math course, she's so excited to do this prep week for the start of school
I AM READING ... and thoroughly enjoying SARK's Juicy Pens Thirsty Paper. Very inspiring.
I AM CREATING ... some neat piles of folded laundry, not much time for anything else today.
I AM HOPING ... to take some time and organize donations to our Ranger Garage Sale - on Saturday, September 12th (send me a note to leecurrie at cogeco dot ca if you have anything to donate, or interested in attending - the more the merrier!)
I AM HEARING ... the noon news, the Canada geese in the back yard, the hum of the dishwasher and Chloe and Caden playing upstairs.
AROUND THE HOUSE ... we're designing a system for the kids to use any door but the big front one!
ONE OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS ... taking courses, my latest is Telling Stories Deeply being taught over at Big Picture Scrapbooking by Karen Grunberg of Creative Therapy.
A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK/SUMMER ... a bit of this, a bit of that, a lot of laughter, many wet towels and much meat on the grill! And, this weekend we're celebrating my birthday at RibFest. YAY!
A PICTURE TO SHARE ...
This is the championship ring given to Claire yesterday when her Burlington Bulls Bantam Girls AAA Baseball team won the OBA's. She rocked it (the play-by-play is in my twitter feed).

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wow! You were busy in August! And it's funny how a well kept blog can fill in the blanks in our head, isn't it!? Thank goodness for technology!