Saturday, August 22, 2009

SOOC Saturday 22.08.09

We had an outrageous storm the other day. You couldn't even see the lake out the back windows of the house the rain was coming down in sheets. Once the tornado warning was issued, I headed down to the basement and as I passed, I thought this was a fun shot out the windows.

We were very fortunate that we just got a lot of rain, plenty of thunder and the lightening lit the sky - no tornado here, yet there was some very bad weather north of us causing the death of one eleven year old boy and many roofs ripped off homes. Tragic.

Have you posted your SOOC today? Come play!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I love the angle on this.

robin said...

Scary!! It must be cool to have a basement (and to be able to look outside of one!) We normally never have tornadoes and unfortunately had one just this week as well at our mall and wal-mart (some stores still aren't open.)

Floortime Lite Mama said...

WOW Gorgeous picture

Pam D said...

Whooo.. your idea of a fun shot and mine are totally different! I would have taken that pic, but more as a reminder in case that window was gone when I came back up! Cool pic... and glad that you survived the storm intact.

Anonymous said...

And fooey... I forgot to change my identity from my main blog to my photoblog.. my SOOC post is at the id on this comment! Pam D

BenLand said...

such a great picture....i love it!

i'm glad you all made it through the storm ok....sorry to hear about the little boy...mother nature can be wicked sometimes....

cjaxon said...

great shot! Glad you didn't get hit too hard!

SoCo mom said...

What a memory to go with that shot!

I am glad you came through okay.