Wednesday, September 9, 2009

09.09.09 Wishes

According to the brilliant Susannah over at Ink On My Fingers, today being 09.09.09, is a day for wishing. Though she makes no mention of them coming true, just a day to declare them. What a brilliant list she came up with to share with everyone! Which got me thinking ...

I don't often wish; I just do.

But,

after giving it a bit of thought, and got past the basic BIG wishes: no more wars, no floods and famine, birth defects would be vanquished and for a minor hockey system that would be based on merit

if I were to wish, my wishes would be ...

for camera lenses to be less expensive, so I could collect and use them all ... for school volunteer opportunities to be more fun ... I'd finally just eat breakfast every day and be more consistent with my exercise ... for me to be content with a completely complete ta da list rather than the constant additions (smaller is better - done is best!) ... that I could have a tap in the kitchen which dispensed a never ending supply of Sauvignon Blanc ... the actions of people reflected their words ... a full night of sleep ... that my daughters were not so influenced by air brushed beauty found in magazines ... I could decide on my next steps ... there was more time to spend with my friends - near and far ... there were more shows like Glee, Friday Night Lights and Mentalist and less re-vamped drivel on television ... I spent more time with my sisters and family ... people would realize that it is through loss and adversity that you allow your children to grow, not when you hand things to them ... I could find a replacement for my favourite black sweater duster which must be (sadly) retired ... I had this camera bag ... my kids would keep their rooms clean ... and, my studio would clean itself ... Jayne's class fills up and her business grows ... we got Hulu and Pandora in Canada ... I made the time to read all of the books I collect ... I could meet John Mayer and Chris Martin ... I could retire my phobias: germs and crowds, as they are getting worse ... we weren't going to suffer through yet another expensive national election ... I could just pack my bags and take off for a photo safari - anywhere (but preferably Morocco, Tuscany or Ireland) ... I didn't have asthma, psoriasis or frozen shoulder ... I could take the kids to ride with dolphins, hmm, I really should make that happen ...

I'll stop there since my wishes seem to be multiplying as I type. Clearly what I didn't know I had are endless!

What are your wishes? Leave a comment with a link to your list, or just leave your list :)

1 comment:

Jayne said...

{{hug}} Your list of wishes is a wonderful reflection of you - a woman who recognizes her good points and bad, who knows how to have fun, who loves her family and friends, who is giving and kind, who appreciates that there is so much out there to learn and who is constantly trying to learn it.