Sunday, October 11, 2009

For Today ...

(inspired by the Simple Woman's Daybook)

I had been posting these on Mondays, since that is the start of my week. I'm going to switch to Sunday: presumably I will have more time which should lead to better content!

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ... not sure, the lights of the truck just flashed in the blackness of it all. At 6:15AM Louis was off to the rink for his convening duties.
I AM THINKING ... I really should get ready for my day, by that I mean, make some coffee :)
WE ARE LEARNING … actually me, I am learning to get over my fear of digital scrapbooking. I've been wanting to do it FOREVER and I own a ton of stuff but after my first humiliating experience I've been paralyzed with fear that maybe she was right, I am stupid. (Yes, being called stupid in a room full of women can really dampen your enthusiasm!) Taking my power back.
I AM THANKFUL FOR ... the opportunity to meet cyber friends in person! Going to Starbucks today to meet up with Barb who is in town for a wedding. Lucky me!
FROM THE KITCHEN ... I gave in and I can hear the drip, drip, sputter of the coffee maker. Ah, only a few more minutes and morning nirvana
I AM WEARING ... my new super comfy pants I bought during my trip with Claire to the Walden Galleria in Buffalo on Friday
I AM GOING ... to organize my laptop and find all of that digital stuff I bought TWO YEARS AGO!
I AM READING ... The Shack, I'm about half way through. I was given a copy by Lindy at lunch the other day, she gave a copy to Lorraine and Elaine, too. This was done so we can discuss it at our next lunch.
I AM CREATING ... with some really neat things I picked up at The Stockade in Guelph when I drove over to meet Julie for lunch on Wednesday
I AM HOPING ... the business plan I'm formulating, slowly, becomes something tangible and profitable
I AM HEARING ... the CTV all news channel, catching up on the happenings in the world. Sounds like plenty of winter has arrived all over the place!
AROUND THE HOUSE ... trying to decide if I should make the bird for dinner today or tomorrow
ONE OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS ... learning, regularly, how much we have in common with those we don't really know, and how being honest and open to (potential) ridicule we really move forward with discovery. Thanks Lain.
A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK ... picture day, field trips, black tie dinners, choir practice, hockey games, hockey practices, hockey drama, basketball games, homework, festivals, pumpkin patch, daily layouts and photo ops.
A PICTURE TO SHARE ...

Nothing represents this upcoming season like cranberries. Yum!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! my husband was talking to your husband today at hockey. i didnt realize we lived so close together! we should talk!

Tanya said...

duh- posted as "Anonymous"- hit enter too fast!