Saturday, August 9, 2008

Learning Curve: My First 2Peas Layout Adventure

I have been scrapbooking for little over four years. Certainly the way I scrapbook now is nowhere near how I started. Someone recently asked to see my first layout, I should find it, that would be funny!

At any rate, I've been a member of Two Peas in a Bucket for little over three years. Wow, are those women ever talented. What a gallery, many, many breathtaking pages. Oodles of them! I've always been thoroughly intimidated. But today, I joined a challenge. A Becky Fleck Page Maps Challenge. In order to participate, I had to submit a layout. The easiest part? The layout:


I think, if you click it, the image will increase in size. I make no guarantees. This is my first attempt at this process!

Based on this sketch:

I'm not good at following sketches, as you can tell! I use them for inspiration. I have been assured by some experts that I have the right idea. Whew!

Anyway, the hard part? Scanning, stitching, reducing, saving, uploading and posting! Um, I'm sure I missed a few steps, but you get the idea. What a cumbersome process. Huge learning curve.

Now that I know how to do it, maybe I'll just post a few more.

Here are some fun photos of the layout:


2 comments:

Jayne said...

Oh - that turned out great!!

A Wonderful World said...

That's a fantastic layout!