Friday, December 26, 2008

Boxing Day

Part of the table setting for last night's turkey feast.

Our Boxing Day tradition includes the taking down of the tree and household decorations and storing them until next Christmas. I'm looking forward to getting the house in order to welcome the new year.

Unlike many of my friends, I do not brave the cold, wait or malls for deals and savings (though I am tempted to take advantage of a couple of on-line offerings). I do love hearing the stories afterwards; there is always some kind of craziness I'm happy not to have witnessed first-hand but enjoy in the re-telling.

The other activity that starts Boxing Day is the World Juniors Hockey Tournament which is a great opportunity to see some of the young talent found all over the world. The first game today is the U.S. vs. Germany at 3:30PM and Canada takes on the Czech Republic at 7PM.

Another long day, but so worth it!

What is your tradition for Boxing Day? Do you do anything special? Do you celebrate the day at all? Whatever you do, I hope it's a ton of fun :)

2 comments:

Sherry said...

We've always gone to whatever new family movie has just been released. This year we are going to see The Tale of Desperaux. We are really excited because I read this book to the kids this year. =]

Martha said...

We don't really celebrate Boxing Day here in Colorado.

I'm in clean up/reshuffle mode as tomorrow I am hosting friends for lunch.