Friday, January 2, 2009

It's all about the kids

Claire and I headed over to Canlan Ice Sports first thing on Wednesday morning to coordinate the annual Tyke Skating Clinic. Believe me when I tell you it is not an easy task to wake my 13-year-old at 6 in the morning, but to see all the little kids, it was well worth the early alarm and she got up without complaint!

For the last five years, the MOMS (Minor Oaks Mothers) in conjunction with Canlan Ice Sports has run the annual clinic on New Year's Eve day - it runs from 8AM to 12 Noon. This year we had 22 teams and a little less than 200 players show up. It's taken weeks of coordination and I am very appreciative to the conveners and coaches in the MOHA Tyke division, for without their effort this day would not have happened. The instructors at Canlan are incredible and provided a great morning for our little players. The MOMS, as an organization, was dissolved as of last year (for a myriad of reasons: quorum, insurance and finances being primary factors) but as the last president, I'm always happy to offer my time and energy to encourage days like this. It was so worth the hours of effort.

The coaches and parents were appreciative. The kids had fun and learned a ton. What more can you want?

No comments: