Monday, November 16, 2009

Gratitude Album

At this time of the year, most of the scrappy-crafty ladies I know are honouring the season with posts on their blogs, facebook and twitter about the things for which they are most grateful. I too have been keeping a list - it started on the Canadian Thanksgiving and will continue through the 46 days leading up to the American holiday, as I posted: 1/46, 2/46, 3/46. Though I am no longer posting, rest assured I honour my gratitude every day in a little notebook

Last year, when I took Cathy Zielske's Design Your Life class at Big Picture Scrapbooking, there was a brilliant template posted in Week 10. It inspired me to purchase an 8x8 American Crafts album and print off some blank pages. Then it did what so many of my projects do: sat on the shelf.

Reminded of this project by all of the gratitude energy floating around lately, I was able to quickly make up a few pages. I have so many things for which to be grateful. Here are a few examples:


 



 
 
 

The more I scrapbook, the more I realize that it is more about the content than the art. These are all tremendously simple 8x8 layouts, but they are pages that represent a part of me which is more me than the pages and albums "all about me". These are the things I appreciate most about my life. Don't get me wrong, I love the embellishments, the design, the photographs and the stories, but without the heart behind it all, they're just pretty pages in an album.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Hey- Great job, Lee. the photos you used are great and good job with the album. you know this makes you a "hybrid" scrapper now!! next step: some full-on digi pages!